Sunday, July 26, 2009

Can't wait for UVA

I don't like the way I've been sounding the last couple posts. They make me seem more sad than I really am and is hardly displaying the amount of excitement I have stored up in the upcoming month. This summer's been hard for me. I've felt abandoned by my old friends, but thankfully it's made me realize who my true friends are. They are the ones that I'm focusing my attention and its getting me through these months. Although this summer has been a hard one for me, I do believe things will get better after Move-In Day at UVA, which is Aug. 25th. I already got in touch with my roommate and he seems like an alright guy.

I haven't really touched on the my living arrangements at UVA yet but it is definately one of the major things I'm excited about. I was assigned to live in Kellogg House, which is apparently a new dorm that was built last year. It has plasma screen TVs, carpeting, elevators, and air conditioning. The only downside I see living there is the lack of minority. I only saw 2 asians on the housing list but its whatever, I need to broaden my horizons. I'm already making friends with people online before even having moved in.

Another thing that's already made me fallen in love with UVA about is the fact that there's gonna be a block party the first night of Move-In day with GIRL TALK throwing a free concert. I admit I had no idea who Girl Talk was until I saw the event on FB but after looking it up on youtube I couldn't believe it. Girl Talk is a mash-up DJ who throws huge house parties whenever he performs. The area around him becomes a dance floor and it's pretty much a huge dance party with flashing lights and everything. U2 is also coming to UVA on Oct. 1 but I'm not sure if I'm going to go because I'm not that huge a U2 fan.

I can't wait to start living at UVA.

No comments: