Friday, June 20, 2008

Driving Down to the Sunshine State

Ah, right now I'm packing for my family's annual vacation down to Pensacola, Florida. The trip this year is going to be a little different from previous years because my mom and sister have chosen to stay home due to family conflicts (mom vs. dad's side). I personally think its kinda stupid but its never a good idea to get involved in these things, especially when it involves my mom. So it's pretty much going to be my dad, me, grandma, cousins, and aunt who are going to Florida for about 10 days. I'm excited because my favorite aunt lives down there with my uncle and 2 Boston Terriers, Bo and Drey. Those two dogs are really sweet and I love spending time with them and my aunt.

Down in Florida, I plan on going to the beach everyday and go fishing at the piers with my dad and cousins. It's been a long time since I've gone a trip with just my dad and me so that should be pretty cool. Also, I can finally watch Euro 2008 at my Aunt's. Back here at home, I don't have ESPN, so I've been having to chill at Sean's or my cousin's to catch the group matches. I really hope the Netherlands win the tournament because players like Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy and Van Der Saar are some of my favorite to watch.

Well today started off kinda depressing but it picked up I guess. My sister is taking care of our cousins for the summer (which is why she's not coming with us to Florida) so the little ones were messing up the house when I got up. Then I got to say bye to Sean as he went off to Cornell for a summer college program. Everyone is leaving this weekend or the next. Government school, summer programs, and vacations are splitting the group up haha. But that's how it is, and it got me thinking about senior year and college. To tell the truth, I feel like I should've applied for a summer program this summer. However, a series of bad luck stopped me from applying. Firstly, I didn't apply to Governor's school because I had no idea what that was. I assumed it had something to do with politics because it was called "Governor's school" but it wasn't until all the deadlines were due that I found out it was a collection of enrichment programs at different universities. I think that's kinda unfair because that name is very deceiving. I mean governor's school? What does that program have to do with becoming a governor? What ticks me off is that being selected for that program would have looked REALLY GOOD on my college apps, but I guess I have to settle for summer school studying physics.

Well after eating Pho with my cousins, (which was DELICIOUS), my dad took me to buy the books I'm supposed to read for AP Lit. After collecting those three books, I realized just how much I'm going to have to read this summer. All together, the books totaled up of over 1200 pages. To add to that weight, I have AP Chemistry problem sets and 2 major AP Art works that I have to finish by September. I never thought about it before but that is a lot of ****in work to do before school starts.

I played tennis with Andria, Steven, and Jason today at Rutherford Park and I just got back. I'm kinda tired but I guess that's good. I plan to stay up all night today so that I can fall asleep more easily in the car. I hate all day road trips and the more hours I'm asleep in the car, the less I have to put up with when I'm awake. I'm really looking forward to just chilling out at the beaches and maybe catch up on some AP Lit reading...


...SIKE, I'm going to go swimming, fishing, boating, and get a nice tan. Maybe find a summer fling there? Haha man. I'm one lonely dude but I got good friends looking out for me. Andria and Sonny both agreed that they would look out and help find me a girl. But there is already one girl for me... and she's taken. Guess I can only wait. So off to Florida, and maybe I'll be able to post another blog about how I'm doing there. Anyways back to packing. Later!

No comments: