Thursday, June 19, 2008

My First Blog

Wow, I never thought in my life I would start blogging but after reading my cousin's blog and how insightful it was, I'm inspired to start one of my own. I'm new at this so bear with me but I feel that maybe I should introduce myself.

My name is Vinh Nguyen, I'm a teenager who's going through one of the first of many major transitional years in his life. I'm a Vietnamese American who fully embraces his culture and am proud to say that I have a family that comes from all over Vietnam, North and South. I am Buddhist, I speak and understand Vietnamese, and my family and culture are both priorities to me. I love soccer, I play guitar, and I like making Art.

Now that we're acquainted (hopefully), I can talk about my life and the reason I'm blogging. I'm blogging because a couple weeks ago, I attended my cousin's graduation from medical school. As the younger cousin, a lot of pressure has been placed on my shoulders to be just like him. In a way, I really do want to be like him. Since I was a little kid, my older cousin always was successful. He was a great athlete, excellent scholar, and of course, became a doctor. I always hated his success because I was always in his shadow, but after getting to know him more during his last days in medical school... he's actually not that bad a guy. In fact, I admire him.

After his graduation party, I happened to come across my cousin's blog. Reading his thoughts, feelings, and experience really got me thinking about my life, so I decided to start a blog of my own. Now I know that my friends will probably stumble across this blog and maybe make fun of me for it, but I think blogging may help me get some thoughts out of my mind. It may clear some space in my head so I can focus on more important things. In a way, I'm trying to dump my memories into this blog so that I can hold new ones. Maybe in 10 years, I can find these blogs and look back into my youth... but I'm getting ahead of myself. For an introductory post, I think this may be enough to read :]

No comments: