when you wake up in the morning. I certainly did not see myself burning and trashing all my junior papers at 10 pm when I woke up today. Then again, life always finds its way to surprise you. Corny huh? well I really was surprised by this last week. So many bad things happened but a lot of good things have come to balance it out. I lost my cell phone on the last day of school, but played one of the best soccer matches of my life. I kicked off my summer fun by going to six flags with some good friends... then my parents found out about my lost cell phone. I'm not getting a new cell phone but I ended up having a fun night with Sean, Sonny, Andria, Peter, and Youngjoon.Our planned Bonfire almost didn't happen after we got together. Around 8 pm, a group of us went down to Safeway and bought stuff for bonfire. We got charcoal, lighters, etc. and planned to go to a place a friend of ours knew to finally send our Junior papers to hell. However, our friend ended up being an hour late! During that time we chilled at McDonalds and got around to talking about Peter and Youngjoon's upcoming college life and roommates. Well at McDonalds, some things happened that led to a somewhat emotional night for a person in a group. Luckily she had the support of her friends and boyfriend.
Haha, now here comes a sappy part that I want to get off my chest. My good friend Sean is going out with a girl that I'm also friends with. It was weird at first because I used to hang out with both of them and would imagine them becoming a couple without truly believing in it. Now that it's happened, I'm happy for both of them. I genuinely believe they make a good couple and in the last couple of days it was refreshing seeing them so close together. With this happiness, I admit I'm also slightly envious. I'm envious of their relationship and what Sean has found. He's found someone that willingly cares and supports him. Now moms and dads care for you by nature but to find that someone who likes you solely for who you are is special. I've been in relationships but they have never been like Sean's. It's so mutual and mature. I'm proud of him and hope he and his girlfriend find great happiness and prosperity. Sean's always been there for me and I owe him for all the rides he's given me. It's funny because I used to see him as a rival, but now he's become one of my great friends.
Sean's relationship also really got me thinking about the future. Where will he be in 10 years, where will I be? Will we still be tight? Will I still keep in touch with everyone? Will I find that someone? Will I be attending Sean's wedding as the best man?
Well after chilling at McDonald's we decided to go to a park to quickly trash some of our junior papers before going to a friend's house. There, we started a fire with our junior papers and roasted marshmallows. The fire was HUGE and the smores we made were delicious. There was just something nostalgic about making smores under the night sky with a group of friends before splitting up for a month. All of us are going to some summer program or vacation in the next 7 weeks so we wanted to make a special farewell. Well it's past midnight and I'm actually tired from a great night with my friends. I hope they have a great time wherever they're going and that we will meet up and party again in the next month or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment