Sunday, June 22, 2008

Florida: Day 1

Well the trip to Florida was exhausting but I gotta say that it was well worth it. I woke up at like 5 am yesterday and went on a 14 hour road trip with my dad and cousins down to Pensacola, Florida. During the trip I listened to my mp3 player, read (for realz), and slept. I gotta say that I had the right idea staying up the night before the road trip because I was out cold for about 1/3 of the trip. So as we drove down to Florida I had a lot to think about. My main focus was how I was going to stay in touch with everyone while I was away and lucky enough, my aunt and uncle have let me used their computer with internet access :D

So at around 7 pm yesterday my dad stopped by a motel where we rested. I had to sleep with my cousin but he was chill and we stayed up watching movies on FX and other cable channels. The next morning we got up around 9 am and got to my aunt's at around 12 pm. After settling there for a while, the first thing I saw greet us were Bo and Drey, my uncle's two Boston Terriers. I was glad to see that they didn't change at all except for Drey (who got a little pudgier). I then saw my aunt and uncle who I haven't seen in 2 years.

The first thing when I thought when I saw them was that I realized how old everyone is getting. I didn't notice it before but my Uncle looked kinda frail and I could see wrinkles grow on my aunt. I looked down at Drey and also noticed gray hair growing around his face. It was a little sad but nothing really changed. Sure people get older but the love is still strong as ever. It seems as though the dogs still remember me and both were happy to see my dad and me.

The first thing we ate at my aunt's house was homemade Pho. It was SO GOOD, one of the reasons why she's my favorite aunt (her cooking). Every year she would also cook pancakes for me and my sister so I'm looking forward to that. Right now it's really storming down here in Florida but I'm not that upset, I'm chilling watching a movie and spending time with the family while writing this blog. I should be putting up some pictures soon. Until then, Later from Florida! :]

No comments: